When you think about bank failures, you also think of their CEO. In today’s environment, the CEO’s personal brand is directly linked to the organizational brand; both must be solid, strategic and progressive to succeed. As we work with CEOs around the nation, we focus first of the type of leadership they offer to the organization. Most critically, are they a multi-dimensional leader? Are they a community and member service chief representative as well as a political liaison with the NCUA and the league? Are they a leader who can motivate and develop a team in a way that enhances performance and improves board relations?
MSA is committed to being the advocate for CEOs of credit unions across the nation. We will help you develop and manage your “personal brand,” focusing not only on your business strategies, but your personal strategies as well to make sure you are a well-rounded and progressive leader at your organization. We will ask you the following important questions:
- Why are you unique to your organization?
- What is your career plan?
- Have you set up an appropriate retirement plan?
- Are you getting the most out of your current position as a CEO?
- Does your Board of Directors and other Board committee members know what you are accomplishing at your financial institution?
- Are you involved in extracurricular industry activities that make a difference and fit your personality?